Tin Universe Middle Grade Series.

Someone is zombifying athletes at Clear Cut High School in Utah. Lucky the school has its own young superhero in the person of Mildred Betbeze to try and figure out what's going on. Pep rallies, cheerleaders, new kids in the neighborhood are just some of things our hero and her sidekick slash best friend Aisha have to deal with in the first audio book adaption in Tin Universe's middle grade series. $2.00 Profits from the sales of this audio book will go to Trans Lifeline for as long as the books is sold on Podbean.

Monday, October 22, 2018

MELBOURNE TOY & COMIC CON 2018

Melbourne Toy & Comic Con 2018 was Tin Universe's first con where we tabled, had a guest, and tried to sell things. I've actually did met up to work on projects and even reserved a room at a couple of other events to record podcasts in the past but never had a table. It's hard out here for the digital minstrel anyways. I really don't have much to sell beside merch based off our stuff. I spent a year planning and researching ways to connect in person with digital work, commissioning art that I thought might sell on it's own outside what it was created for, and even before event day I knew many things I would have done different.

 I will say this right off, the picture below of our table makes me super happy to see. The hard work that has been put into each and every Tin Universe project-  be it ebook, podcast, print, button, or travel video was done to have fun and get better.
And I think we have with every project.

One of the things I knew I wanted to do when the decision was made to table at MTCC was booking a cosplay guest because Cosplay Lighthouse is our most popular podcast on Tin Pod Radio far and away.
I came across the work of enosh1ma when someone else I followed was shouting out cool people. I really love when cool people post about other cool people on Instagram.

Though the first thing that I worked with Christy on was a video bday card for Mar.

And I wanted to do that after seeing the video below.

This is what I wrote right after the event ended, "I'll probably talk about my first con tabling later {hey, it's later} but I just wish to say a big thank you to @enosh1ma who was amazing to everyone who visited our table and gave me pointers that will help me next time. Everyone if you get a chance to work with her do it because because super cool and super professional."
We had a Naruto gift pack drawing to match her cosplay. I wish I had did more to use that to help her print sales at the convention. I know a lot of people enjoyed having her there. I was told by several people her work was a hit, and people loved their interactions having photos taken.
When it was time for the drawing to happen I filmed it. Though I fat fingered the button a few times. Lesson learned for next time. Film more content with guest. @enosh1ma had so much energy and was so in character I should have been ready to record a Cosplay Lighthouse and a video for Billie's Travels With Bad Angles. Just look at these videos and see how cool she was. We drew 2 numbers in case the first one wasn't there still.

I handed the mic over to my guest to announce the winner, and she did a great. I was told today by someone that "Your cosplay guest would be a great contest MC." I agree.

The person who was eye balling the raffle pack the whole day {several were actually but she seemed to REALLY want it} won and was ready as soon as it was announced to claim it :)
 

Yes, I had to get my picture taken with my guest. I hope she had a great time and I'd love to share a table with her in the future. You should check out her link tree.
Does any human being take a worse photo than I do?

Lessons learned. Next time talk with con about being involved in costume contest. Maybe sponsor, or provide a prize, or something.

Also get out there and talk with more cosplayers and maybe record some episodes there.

In closing, no I did not sell tons of stuff. Sold a couple TUMGS posters with art by Jennie Gyllblad and HEEL VS. M.O.C. lightswitch plates done by Nightowldesigns with art by Jason Wulf. Check out all these artists, each one cool to work with. But I had a super great time even if I didn't even get to try my Square :( I want to get out into our community more in many ways, attend and table at more local events. I'm seriously thinking about having the first Tin Universe Middle Grade Series book printed. On paper. Like mom and dad did in the old days. It's my top selling ebook and a run of them may not have a huge cost as it's a small book in page count.

Ok, I need to get off to bed so tomorrow I can go to work, go to classes, record a episode of Cosplay Lighthouse after all that, and then sleep again. Just a the same as every day.

P.S. Look who I spotted outside the convention building.

No comments:

Post a Comment